Invertebrate Zoology and Geology
- January, 2009 - Dr. Nell Green Nylen joins the lab as a Research Assistant. She is also a Curatorial Assistant for the Geology and Diatoms collections.
- October 5-9, 2008 - Lab members present four abstracts at the Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America in Houston.
- The lab and the Academy hosts the Annual CalPaleo Conference, April 28, 2007.
- April 6, 2007 - Ken Angielczyk appointed as the new Curator of Paleomammalogy at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago! We will miss him.
- January, 2007 - Carol Tang appointed as new Director of Visitor Interpretive Programs at the Academy.
- December 17, 2006 - Ken Angielczyk returns from the University of Bristol to take up position as NSF Postdoctoral Researcher.
- October 22-25, 2006 - Lab members present seven abstracts at the Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America in Philadelphia.
- August 28, 2006 – Rachel Hertog begins graduate work, San Francisco State University.
- January 2, 2006 – Rachel Hertog joins lab as Research Assistant.
- January 1, 2006 – Carol Tang promoted to Associate Director of Public Programs, CAS.
- Theory of extinction, mass extinctions, and community evolution.
- Mathematical modelling of paleocommunity perturbative dynamics.
- Morphometric analysis of morphological integration.
- Venerid and corbulid bivalve evolution and systematics.
- Evolutionary ecology of Neogene tropical American marine molluscs.
- Hagey Venture Fund, CAS "Predicting and assessing impacts of the Cosco Busan San Fransicso Bay oil spill". PIs P. D. Roopnarine and J. Dumbacher.
- NSF ARC-0530825 "Mathematical Modeling and Bayesian Analysis of Paleocommunity Collapse during Mass Extinctions". PIs P. D. Roopnarine and S. C. Wang.
- Peter Roopnarine; Curator of Geology and Paleontology, Curatoror Invertebrate Zoology & Geoogy
- Rachel Hertog; Graduate Student, San Francisco State University
- Martin Olson; Graduate Student, San Francisco State University
- Nell Green Nylen; Research Assistant
- Jean DeMouthe; Collections Manager, Fossils, Minerals, Diatoms
- Shelly WIllard; Curatorial Assistant