Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Beer Garden NightLife - Sold Out!
This event is now Sold Out.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The Beer "Garden"
6:00 - 9:45pm
------> Sip your way through a pop-up beer garden with a dozen local breweries including:
- Ale Industries
- Anchor Brewing
- Anderson Valley Brewing Co.
- Calicraft Brewing Co.
- Fort Point
- Golden State Cider
- Hard Frescos
- Laughing Monk
- Magnolia Brewing Co.
- Triple Voodoo
- Uncommon Brewers
------>Plus, Learn how science has inspired (and flavored) the art and craft of brewing with informal botany lessons courtesy of the SF Botanical Garden and check out the botanicals used to make SF's favorite drink, Fernet-Branca.
------> Be sure to treat your tastebuds to NightLife’s signature craft beer Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Co. with plant types found on the museum’s living roof.
6:00 - 9:30pm
------> Check out a fermentation demo from Stanford Microbiology and learn more about brewing your own beer from San Francisco Brewcraft.
SpaceWays Installation by Quarso
6:00 - 10:00pm
------> Head to the West Garden to experience the SpaceWays Art Installation which centers you between four reflective monoliths and transports you to the stars.
Beer Ticket Prices:
$2 for 1 ticket 1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste
4-5 tickets for 12-ounce full beer
Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
Note: Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in the East Garden. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables, only beer tickets.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Journey through the San Andreas fault, delve into Earth's core & explore the seismic science of earthquakes.
Upcoming NightLife Events
It’s that time of year—when toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist.
The NightLife LIVE season comes to a close with a dreamy, fuzzed out performance from DIIV and Black Marble.
Explore the mysteries beyond our solar system with a night dedicated to the search for extraterrestrials.
The creatures come out at NightLife when the Academy transforms into a spine-tingling tribute to '80s horror.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.