Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Sink your teeth into BiteLife, our savory event celebrating all things edible right before the most food-centric holiday of the year.
Explore the science of taste and flavor with demos, talks, and samples from some of the Bay Area’s most innovative tastemakers.
What impact does dining out have on the environment and can it be part of the solution? That’s the question from which Zero Foodprint emerged. Join Anthony Myint (Mission Chinese Food, The Perennial) for an optimistic talk about how the State of California and Zero Foodprint are teaming up to help restaurants, chefs and diners fund a transition from extractive farming to a renewable food system, which will address the climate crisis and create better food.
Big fan of pickles and kimchi? Learn about the good microbes in fermented foods and how diet impacts the human microbiome with UC Berkeley researchers.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Discover what it means to live in today’s connected world with Habitat Earth, narrated by Frances McDormand.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Sink your teeth into BiteLife, celebrating the science of taste and flavor.
Channel your inner Jedi during an evening of galactic entertainment inspired by a galaxy far, far away.
’Tis the season to stuff those stockings and shop locally with a merry marketplace curated by SF Bazaar.