Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Generously Supported by United Airlines
Sink your teeth into BiteLife, our savory event celebrating all things edible right before the most food-centric holiday of the year.
Music by DJ Raymond Fernandez
Live Talks: Future of Food & Turkey Carving
- At 7:30 PM, Join Anthony Myint (Mission Chinese Food, The Perennial) for an optimistic talk about how the State of California and Zero Foodprint are teaming up to help restaurants, chefs, and diners fund a transition from extractive farming to a renewable food system.
At 8:30 PM, Check out a live turkey carving demo from the masters at Bernal Cutlery and learn how to keep your knives in tip-top condition.
Live Talks: Renewal Mill & Secondmuse
Science Today (East Pavilion)
- At 8:00 PM, Grab a seat for "Fighting Climate Change in the Kitchen: The Untold Story of Upcycled Ingredients", a live talk from Claire Schlemme of Renewal Mill.
- At 8:15 PM, Check out a live talk from Secondmuse to find out about their innovations locally and around the world.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Chat with researchers and innovators from across the spectrum to find out what our world’s new food system could look like, featuring:
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Discover what it means to live in today’s connected world with Habitat Earth, narrated by Frances McDormand.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Get a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of the Academy’s latest show, Expedition Reef.
Virtual NightLife is going to space! Join us for Vol. 6, when we’ll be mixing cosmos with the cosmos.