Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Can’t stand the heat? Chill out and explore some of the coolest creatures from some of the planet’s hottest climates at Desert NightLife.
Catch a screening of The Devil’s Road: A Baja Adventure, about a group of adventurers on a 5,000-mile journey across Baja California to recreate the century-old expedition of two prolific and obscure naturalists, followed by a panel discussion with the documentary’s filmmakers.
Develop your love of mezcal with the enthusiasts from Mezcalistas. They’ll share everything they know about its history, how it’s made, and their personal tasting notes for this Mexican agave-based spirit.
See how different creatures adapted to desert climates with Academy scientists and specimens from the scientific research collections. Learn about bat ecology and immunology and examine bat skeletons with Hannah Frank, postdoctoral fellow at Stanford.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Discover our place in the cosmos in the new planetarium show Passport to the Universe, narrated by Tom Hanks.
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife breaks down the science of fermentation, from kombucha to chocolate and everything in-between.
Duckwrth performs at our 3rd installment of NightLife LIVE, co-presented by Noise Pop.
Grab your flannel and get yourself to ‘90s NightLife for a celebration of iconic pop culture.
NightLife breaks the mold with a special presentation of FURY, a multimedia concert experience.