Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Feel the Force NightLife
Channel your inner Jedi during an evening of galactic entertainment inspired by a galaxy far, far away.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
At 7:00 & 8:00 pm, Prepare to be wowed by epic lightsaber duels presented by the Golden Gate Knights.
From 8:45 - 9:45pm, Step into the Cantina to grab a drink and catch an otherworldly performance by Blackbird Blackbird, the folktronica moniker of San Francisco-based wünderkind Mikey Maramag, while surrounded by galactic projections by artist Colin Harrington.
6 - 9:30pm
Brave the world of snow and ice and travel to Hoth to take a twirl on our seasonal ice rink and encounter snow flurries while electronic producer Qrion and Chulita Vinyl Club spin tunes to help inspire your moves.
6:30 - 10pm
Get into character and see if you have what it takes to stop the empire with lightsaber workshops presented by the Saber Guild (every 30 minutes).
6 - 10pm
See if the force is strong with you when you slip on an EEG reader customized by artist Colin Harrington and learn about neuro-imaging with UCSF.
Light and Dark
6 - 10pm
Come in costume and take photos with costume clubs roaming around the building throughout the night including:
Phillipine Coral Reef
6 - 10pm
Grab a cocktail and descend into the underwater city for a set by Make it Funky DJs.
ICE SKATE UNDER THE STARS
Ice rink tickets ($10/person, skate rental included) available for purchase online or onsite.
COSTUME AND MASK POLICY
Event attendees are encouraged to dress in costumes for this event. For the safety and enjoyment of our guests, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent in nature.
- For the safety of all visitors, we ask that guests refrain from wearing masks or other items which obscure the face.
- Costumes should not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike guests or exhibits.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- The California Academy of Sciences reserves the right to turn away any guest with a costume that we deem offensive or unsafe.
- Hurry! Last entry into Kashyyk dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight! And if craft cocktails aren't your thing, check out our craft beer offerings from Anchor Brewing Co.
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
*DISCLAIMER: This event is not sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Lucasfilm Ltd.
Travel more than 12 parsecs to see how these planets compare to those of our imagination.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist!
Nick Hakim performs at our final installment of NightLife LIVE 2019, co-presented by Noise Pop.
On the 30th anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake, we’re digging back into seismic matters and ‘80s culture.
This week at NightLife, we’re exploring the many sides of the internet: the good, the bad, and the meme-worthy.