Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
We’re breaking down the science of fermentation, showing you the chemical magic behind kombucha to chocolate and everything in-between.
Fermentation transforms many of the foods you love, and we're inviting some of the Bay Area’s best purveyors of fermented foods to show you how.
Learn about koji, the mold that gives many Japanese foods that umami flavor you love, with a demo and talk by Mariko Grady of Aedan Fermented Foods.
Find out where to source your “scoby” and how to brew your own kombucha with Health-Ade.
Get the lowdown on Tartine Bakery’s coffee and bread and the very different ways fermentation is used to give them their flavor.
Inspired to make your own beer, cider, or mead? SF Brewcraft will help you get started with all your home-brew needs. You’ll leave with all-new appreciation of microorganisms—and maybe some friendly bacteria and yeast to take home.
Music by MOM DJs
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Get an inside look at the science behind the fermented creations at Tartine!
How did life on Earth begin? Take a high-speed tour of key events since the Big Bang that set the stage for life
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife breaks down the science of fermentation, from kombucha to chocolate and everything in-between.
Duckwrth performs at our 3rd installment of NightLife LIVE, co-presented by Noise Pop.
Grab your flannel and get yourself to ‘90s NightLife for a celebration of iconic pop culture.
NightLife breaks the mold with a special presentation of FURY, a multimedia concert experience.