Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
New year can-do: Let NightLife help you be a better you with a night of how-to, hands-on demos, and workshops. Go home armed with both useful crafts and new skills for “adulting.”
Ripped jacket? Instructors from WorkshopSF will be on-hand to show you how to repair your clothing artfully with sashiko mending, a Japanese embroidery technique for strengthening and lengthening the life of your textiles.
Can’t figure out if your plant is under- or over-watered? Bring a picture, and ask WorkshopSF’s resident plant expert for their best diagnosis.
In the spirit of zero waste month, the Museum of Craft and Design will teach you simple, satisfying ways to take out less trash, including making beeswax wraps for all your food-fresh needs.
Don’t know what your money’s doing, where it is, or where it’s going? Make this year the year you become financially literate. Get some solid tips and tricks—how to invest, pay down debt, when to splurge—from SoFi's Brian Walsh, CFP®, and go home feeling empowered to make your very own financial plan.
Disclosure: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, CFP® (with plaque design), and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Think you could pass a third grade astronomy test? How about a fifth grade test?
Travel through space and time to experience the dramatic lives and deaths of stars, narrated by Whoopi Goldberg.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Join us for how-to, hands-on demos and workshops to help you learn useful crafts and skills for adulting.
Wake up and smell the coffee (& chocolate!) at NightLife's tribute to the Bay Area's favorite way to get buzzed.
NightLife partners with SF Beer Week for a hopping evening of tasty local brews. Cheers!
Explore the science of sound and kick off Noise Pop Music and Arts Festival with a DJ set by Washed Out + more!