Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife LIVE: The Marías: SOLD OUT
Update: General Admission for this event is SOLD OUT
Live performance by The Marías
with Amo Amo
DJ set by Chulita Vinyl Club
Co-presented by Noise Pop
In partnership with Outside Lands Music Festival, DoTheBay, Deep Eddy Vodka, and artist-in-residency Maggie West.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:45 - 8:30 PM - Amo Amo kicks the party off with a chill sonic wave of soulful jams and ‘70s-inspired soft-rock tunes.
8:45 - 9:45 PM - The Marías, the “psychedelic-soul lovechild” of LA native Josh Conway and Puerto Rican-bred, Atlanta-raised María, headline the night.
6:00 - 10:00 PM - Explore a colorful new art installation by NightLife LIVE’s first artist-in-residence, Los Angeles-based artist Maggie West.
Experience: Vision Quest
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Keep your senses stimulated between sets with VR experiences by Vision Quest, which offer new perspectives on the world around you.
Art, Albums and Screen Prints
Swamp & Project Lab
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Spruce up your record collection by visiting Amoeba Records’ pop-up shop and collect all of San Franpsycho’s “one-night-only” screen printed shirts designed just for NightLife LIVE. Plus, creativity workshops & button making with Paint Pens Collective.
NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art. The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, living rainforest, and live performances on an outdoor stage transforms the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
Partnering with some of the Bay Area’s most buzzworthy art collectives and studios, NightLife LIVE will feature immersive light shows and mind-bending projections by ALL OF IT NOW, VR experiences by Vision Quest, and more. Each NightLife LIVE event will also feature hands-on, science-inspired crafts and creativity workshops with Paint Pens Collective, rotating pop-up shops from local vendors like Amoeba Records, and special “one-night-only” custom designs with screen printing by San Franpsycho.
Check the Spotify playlist to hear The Marías & more.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist!
Nick Hakim performs at our final installment of NightLife LIVE 2019, co-presented by Noise Pop.
On the 30th anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake, we’re digging back into seismic matters and ‘80s culture.
This week at NightLife, we’re exploring the many sides of the internet: the good, the bad, and the meme-worthy.