Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Music by DJ Loco
Calling all citizen scientists! NightLife Spotlight celebrates the kick-off of the City Nature Challenge, when San Francisco will compete with 60 cities worldwide to make the most observations in nature.
-----> Learn the tips and tricks of the observation trade with iNaturalist, the social media app of choice for citizen scientists, naturalists, and biologists.
-----> Discover what might be living in your backyard with the Backyard Biodiversity Project, a group of scientists specializing in ants who want to help you discover (and grow to love!) your resident insect communities.
-----> Head outside to The Terrace Restaurant & Bar for our monthly tasting event, Adult Chemistry. Learn about the science of bubbles while savoring Calicraft Brewing’s sparkling ales—beers using traditional wine yeast or aged in wine barrels—paired with small bites.
-----> Learn to love spiders—environmental educator Trent Pearce does and will share why.
-----> Get a closer look at plant and animal specimens from species found in the Presidio and learn about the park’s biodiversity and how it monitors wildlife.
-----> Catch two special screenings of NightLife’s new art and music experience, Vortex 2.0, in the Morrison Planetarium.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
EARTHQUAKE EXHIBIT CLOSED
- Earthquake exhibit is closed in preparation for an all new exhibit.
*Please note—the Shake House will return in June with an all new look and feel!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Tonight, we spotlight bio-diversity in jungles, beaches and even cities.
Explore the future of art and technology with programming by MUTEK.SF.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Tonight, NightLife pays tribute to Ray "Bones" Bandar with insider views into his world renowned bone collection