Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife Spotlight: Flight
Soar with NightLife as we explore the wonderful world of flight.
Get your late-night science wings while learning about the science of flying with birds, butterflies, and bats.
Learn about the evolution of flight in a wide range of creatures with specimens from our scientific collections, from fossils to terrestrial arthropods and virus-carrying mosquitoes.
Catch a repertoire of classic “Throwback Thursday” shows in the Morrison Planetarium, kicking off with a look into the “Future of Spaceflight,” and if the night is clear, head up to the Living Roof to gaze at the stars—telescope provided by us.
Generously supported by United Airlines
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join our Planetarium team to see the spacecrafts that could launch us, once again, beyond Earth.
Discover how life is connected in Habitat Earth, our latest original planetarium show.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!