Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
It’s time to raise a glass for NightLife’s annual salute to brews and the ocean’s most legendary apex predators. Sip your way through a pop-up beer hall with libations on tap from local brewery favorites, including Uncommon Brewers, Magnolia Brewing, Laughing Monk, and Black Hammer Brewing.
Groove to tunes spun by BFF.fm DJs Cosmic Amanda and Small Crimes, known to moonlight as DJs “Left Shark” and “Right Shark” during certain shark-friendly occasions.
In African Hall, get a crash course in shark science and conservation with a pair of talks by researchers from the Pacific Shark Research Center: Program Director Dr. Dave Ebert, who has made finding “lost” sharks his life’s work, and Shark Week’s Vicky Vásquez, who named the ninja lanternshark.
Travel to some of the Pacific Ocean’s most remote islands and marine national monuments during a special screening of Hidden Pacific in the planetarium, followed by a panel featuring its director, Ian Shive, and hosted by David McGuire, Shark Stewards founder and director.
Elsewhere, rub elbows with other ocean conservationists who are working to protect threatened shark populations near home.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist!
Nick Hakim performs at our final installment of NightLife LIVE 2019, co-presented by Noise Pop.
On the 30th anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake, we’re digging back into seismic matters and ‘80s culture.
This week at NightLife, we’re exploring the many sides of the internet: the good, the bad, and the meme-worthy.