Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Spice up your NightLife with an evening dedicated to the cool science behind mild, medium, and flaming hot peppers.
- Start off the night with a deeper understanding of how the peppers you’re going to eat will affect your nerves with a talk from Dr. David Julius, who studies sensory systems and how they enable humans to perceive the world, including how capsaicin—the “heat”-causing compound in chili peppers—elicits that signature burning sensation.
- For something equally spicy but less painful, give the dance floor a whirl with Cuban salsa dancing lessons by Rueda Con Ritmo.
- Learn about the history of the spice trade from another perspective: space. Catch a free live show at 6:30 pm in the planetarium where you’ll “travel” to the other side of the world and learn how the spice, silk, and incense trade routes across Eurasia influenced astronomy as we know it today.
Music by Sazon Libre DJs
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Spice up your NightLife with an evening dedicated to the cool science behind mild, medium & flaming hot peppers.
Tune into NightLife when the museum transforms into a phone-free zone dedicated to life in the analog.
NightLife shrinks you down to size with venomous animals to kick-off the opening of our new exhibit, Venom.
You’re invited to have the time of your life at NightLife’s annual "Under the Sea" prom!